"Sounds like a club that anyone can join, get an ID card and a window decal, right? But in fact, it’s one of the most respected and advanced rotational athlete training programs in the world for: baseball, softball, football, and golf. This association is led by Tom House PhD, and his highly trained directors and coaches around the country.
What started as a baseball training organization, transitioned into other rotational sports as the research showed that movements and energy creation were very similar. Success with big name QB’s in the NFL has drawn most of the recent attention to the NPA and Tom House, but our work in baseball is just as relevant and impactful.
Let me tell you about our founder, Tom House. Get comfortable, maybe grab a snack and some hydration, the credential list is long!
- Four Degrees – BS, MBA, MS, PhD
- Lifetime Achievement Award – ABCA, 1998
- James Andrews Award for Excellence in Baseball Sports Medicine, 2004
- Board of Advisors – Titleist Golf Performance Institute, 2004- Present
- MLB Pitcher – Atlanta Braves, Boston Red Sox, and Seattle Mariners, 1967-1979
- Coach/Scouting – Houston Astros and San Diego Padres, 1980-1985
- MLB Pitching Coach – Texas Rangers, 1985-1992
- University of Southern California – Pitching Coach, 2007-2011
- CEO/Founder of 7 companies
- Member – Association for the Advancement of Applied Sports Psychology
- Member – American College of Sports Medicine
- 7 books Authored
- 9 books Co-authored
- 30 Instructional DVD’s
- Consultant/Portrayed – Disney’s “Million Dollar Arm” movie
- 20 – Authored/Co-authored studies, journals, and publications
Hear what Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan and others have to say about Tom House. Watch the The Throwing Doctor.
Ok, grab that snack and hydrate, gather your focus, stay with me… here’s what we’ve done that has earned us the right to claim the National Pitching Association as “the most advanced and complete rotational athlete training organization in the world”.
- 30 + years of evolving health first information and instruction.
- Research is always ongoing, new measurables and patents being filed presently.
- IRB Certified (Independent Review Board)
- Science based, measurable, defendable
- No one has done more 3D motion capture across multiple sports.
- 30 highly trained Area Directors/Associate Coaches across the country
- Hands on training with 5000+ Athletes per year
- 700+ MLB pitchers trained (2 Hall of Fame, 3 Future Hall of Fame players)
- 70+ NFL QB’s trained (1 Hall of Fame, 2 Future Hall of Fame players)
- 1500+ PGA/LPGA athletes trained
Those stats are elite and advanced. So how about the most complete? The NPA has the most all-encompassing program in sports:
- Biomechanical Training – Many use that term, but few have done the 1000’s of 3D motion capture to know the science. Biomechanics can not be an opinion.
- Functional Strength Training – Strength training must be “cross specific” to the action to be functional. It must be a balance of acceleration and deceleration muscle development and speed threshold training. Mobility and flexibility, with stable range of motion, must be maintained with strength training.
- Nutrition – We teach our athletes proper diet and hydration guidelines, to promote sustained energy and faster recovery.
- Mental/Emotional – We use many techniques, unique to the NPA, to help athletes manage the mental and emotional stress of competing.
- Focus Band™
- Positive Thinking training
- STAR Profiles
- Capacity Testing – Identifies an athlete’s safe velocity capacity, and any functional strength/speed threshold weak links, by body segment.
- Vector Efficiency Index – testing can assess and calculate loss of energy for any inappropriate body movement and establish and index of energy production efficiency for any athlete.
If you hold up your index finger… that’s how many other private organizations have the same experience and advanced training process as the NPA. "(3DQB is that organization and it was also created by Tom House.)
"Here’s the best part, you don’t have to be an elite pro athlete to receive the same training. Everything is available to any athlete regardless of age, level of play, or ability. We give our youngest athletes the same training protocols as we give our elite pro athletes, suitable to their window of trainability."
ALL AMERICAN BASEBALL ACADEMY IS AN AFFILIATE OF THE NPA East. Call us at 215-672-7500